StacsHack 2016 is St Andrews' biggest student technology event. Over the course of the weekend, 130+ student makers from St Andrews and beyond will form teams to develop their ideas and present projects built over 24 hours! Join us for an incredible weekend of hacking, free food, mini-events, and prizes for the best ideas! Last year, we hosted over 100 hackers from 10 universities creating fantastic projects such as virtual reality games, sign language training apps and smart-home automation systems.
Best Developer Tool (GitHub)
JP Morgan Robotics Winner
JP Morgan Security Winner
Bloomberg's Favourite Hack (2)
Best Esoteric Programming Language (Codeplay)
Best Online Course (Codio)
Best/ funniest/ coolest Domain Name (Domain.com)
Best use of AWS
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- You must be a student in order to participate
- You can participate in teams of 1-4 people - we will help you find a team if you do not organise one!
- You must be over the age of 18
- You must bring your Eventbrite ticket to the event
- You can create anything you wish! This includes software and hardware hacks
- You are free to use any publically available APIs and libraries (including APIs provided by sponsors)
- You can use any programming language/combination of languages
- You must not submit anything you made before the start of the hackathon - let's keep it fair!
- You should aim to create at least a partially working prototype to have the best chance of winning - think of something you can create in 24 hours when planning!
- Please make sure to include photos and videos of your submission in your ChallengePost entry